Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Gold fever

Metallics are definitely in fashion at the moment, but what amazed me was the presentation of totally gold outfits from Fall 2012. As I look through these images, I can't help but think of Thorin's last words, from Tolkien's The Hobbit: 'If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world'. If fashion values gold, doesn't that mean that the human race is once more confused about what brings happiness? Food for thought...


 
Elie Saab (photo: IMAXtree)




 Prabal Gurung (photo: IMAXtree)




 Michael Kors (photo: IMAXtree)




 Paco Rabanne (photo: IMAXtree)




 Giambattista Valli (photo: IMAXtree)


Feel like your eyes hurt? I know... And yes, I am pretty much obsessed with The Hobbit these days... Prepare for the next post... Kisses!


No comments:

Post a Comment